An improved energy saving pump increases the performance of the skimmer without increasing power demand. Protein skimmers have become a standard component in saltwater and reef aquarium filtration systems as they are very effective at removing dissolved organic compounds from aquarium water. The needle-wheel system creates a spiraling vortex of water and micro bubbles inside the reaction chamber where the bubbles attract fine proteins and organic compounds and deposit them in the collection cup. The result is a clean and healthy aquarium environment.
- Patented needle wheel aspiration system
- Wide neck collection cup with easy twist feature for effortless cleaning
- Dual injection inlets increase bubble / water contact time
- Bubble production diffuser to prevent the flow of micro-bubbles into main aquarium
- Can be used in sump or with hang on mounting bracket